London's leading College is looking for an exceptional Science Technician to join its friendly team at the Centre for Applied Sciences in the Angel.
City and Islington College is a learning environment like no other. The College is a leader in its field and has been honoured with many prizes and awards. If you want to stretch your own talents in a supportive environment with continuous staff training and development, then City and Islington College could be the place for you.
We celebrate the diversity of our students and staff and work hard to ensure an environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. As London's leading college our commitment to equality and diversity will help ensure we are the first choice for students, staff, employers and partners.
About the role:
You will work as a key member of a team providing chemistry and physics technical support and expertise to Health, Medical and General Sciences in the Centre for Applied Sciences.
The role involves
* Preparing equipment, materials and setting up equipment and other resources for practical classes with a focus on Chemistry and Physics.
* Supporting teaching staff in the classroom when requested and advising new staff on the use of equipment if required.
* Retrieving and clearing up equipment, and materials
* Providing the teaching staff with general materials including stationary.
* General maintenance (including cleaning) of equipment and basic maintenance of general laboratory services and facilities.
* Ensuring the health and safety of staff, students and visitors to the workshops and laboratories and disposing of workshop hazardous waste as per legal guidelines.
You will hold at least a Level 5 in a Science subject and have relevant experience in working in an educational environment supporting teaching to 16-18 year olds up to level 3.
You will be a team player and be flexible and accommodating to the staff and students to ensure the college provides a high quality service to all our students.
You will be used to maintaining professional and quality standards, and keeping detailed documentation.
Strictly no agencies.
City and Islington College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.