Location: Palmer’s campus (Grays, Essex)
Hours: 35.5 hours per week, 39 weeks
Would you like to be part of a forward thinking, innovative college?
As a College, our strategy is Career Focused Learning and ensuring that the learner experience and our relationships within our community, local and regional employers, are at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for innovative staff who want to work in an environment where staff and students are given the opportunity to inspire and grow.
USP College (Palmer’s campus) is looking to appoint a committed and motivated Science and Animal Technician to join us immediately. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery, collection and storage of equipment as well as the safe creation and disposal of media for use in experiments all in line with current health and safety guidance. Part of the role will also include the care of the college’s animals. Maintaining their health and diets, including the cleaning of housing and disposing of waste materials in a safe manner.
We do welcome and encourage applications from all levels of experience. We are keen to invest in and support the development and well-being of our staff no matter what stage of their career. USP staff have access to a broad range of opportunities to further develop their practice.
As a prospective member of the STEM team at the Palmer’s campus, ideally you will be a subject specialist who will inspire and support the team to deliver a memorable learning experience.
As a member of the curriculum team you will be able to build positive relationships with young people and support them to achieve their long term career goals.
WHY CHOOSE US:
As a college, our strategy is to create a Career Focused, Digital Learning environment, ensuring that the learner experience and our relationship within our community, local and regional employers, are at the heart of everything we do. Providing a high achieving, focused learning environment allowing our students to achieve the grades they need for higher education or the skills and aptitude required to secure a suitable role in their chosen career. Our college is set in the leafy suburbs of Essex, with easy access to surrounding areas and amenities, we are based in a well-connected location both by road and rail.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary.
- A college environment fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working with parents and carers to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
- Onsite parking.
- Onsite canteen & coffee shop with locally sourced ingredients.
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, IT skills (MS Word, Excel and Outlook), with the ability to work accurately. A confident and professional approach when dealing with students, staff and outside organisations is required.
- Although this post is based at the Palmer’s, Grays Campus there may be a requirement to travel to the Seevic Campus (Benfleet, Essex) training and events. A full clean driving licence, access to own vehicle and willingness to travel to surrounding areas is required.
- An understanding of Safeguarding including Prevent and Keeping Children Safe in Education legislation will also be required.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- Experience of managing team workloads.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent punctuality.
- Highly efficient and have ability to manage workload and priorities
- A resilient and positive outlook.
Creating a safe environment for young people and adults.