Required as soon as possible, we are seeking to appoint a full time Science technician to join the technician team in our busy Science faculty. Actual salary will be £17,106 per annum this is to work 37 hours per week over 39 weeks (term time only)
The successful candidate will support the preparation of practical teaching sessions for general science at KS3 and Biology at KS4 and KS5. Previous experience of working as a school technician would be preferable, however full training will be given to the right candidate who has a passion and enthusiasm for science.
• The opportunity to join the staff team at this high attaining, successful and oversubscribed school
• A committed and enthusiastic staff group
• Exciting opportunities for personal and professional development
Cotham School is an extremely successful specialist co-operative academy that serves the local community, providing a high quality education for its students. We consistently deliver outstanding academic outcomes, amongst the best in the city and are determined to raise standards even further.
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will need to be DBS checked.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability. We actively encourage applicants from under represented groups.
Cotham School is a great place to work. We’re a fantastic friendly team, proud of what we achieve and looking forward to welcoming new people to share in our achievements. Join us and you’ll receive a wide range of employee benefits including:
• a generous holiday allowance for support staff of 24 days, rising to 29 with service
• excellent work life balance with term time working arrangements
• excellent defined benefit pension schemes (Local government or teachers pension scheme)
• access to employee assistance programme and counselling sessions
• ongoing learning and development opportunities and access to the school CPD library
• at least 5 inset (training) days per annum with the provision of free onsite drinks and meals
• comprehensive induction process
• competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
• family friendly policies and wellbeing support initiatives
• savings on purchases via smart hive employee benefits platform
• reduced price access to gyms and health sessions
• access to staff sports
• option to participate in the cycle to work scheme
• on site free car parking (when available)
• access to discounted dental and health care schemes, plus free eye tests and free annual flu jab
Closing date: 6 May 2022 at 9.00 am
Interview date: Monday 16th May 2022
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK