Second in Faculty – Social Studies
Required from January 2020
MPS/UPS plus TLR2c
Closing date: Monday 14 October 2019 9am
Interviews to be held on Thursday 17 October 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to provide professional leadership and management of the Health and Social Care and Child Development courses, whilst leading the development of teaching and learning across the Social Studies Faculty in one of the most successful schools in the city.
To succeed in the role you will have:
• A degree, or equivalent experience, with a teaching qualification
• Proven ability to teach outstanding lessons, with first class classroom management skills
• The ability to work in collaboration whilst leading and inspiring other members of staff to further the department
• Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
• A firm understanding of key national and educational policies and issues
• The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
• A clear commitment to improving your own and others’ performance through effective continuous professional development
Woodkirk Academy is a high performing, successful, well established, fully comprehensive, co-educational 11-18 maintained Academy and is a member of Leodis Academies Trust. We have a proud record in academic, intellectual, social and sporting, musical, dramatic and community developments. Our latest Ofsted report noted a ‘passion and commitment to continuous improvement’ and that ‘leadership at all levels is focused on the progress of pupils.’
Woodkirk enjoys an excellent reputation as an employer and our ethos and working practices are well regarded. We take pride in looking after staff and supporting everyone in their roles in order to deliver excellent education to our students.
Woodkirk Academy is part of Leodis Academies Trust with four local primary Schools; this provides an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to develop work experience as required.
Application packs can be downloaded from the Woodkirk Academy website.
All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, two references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check (DBS), medical clearance and provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK and evidence of qualifications.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Woodkirk Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.