Second in Mathematics - Responsible for Key Stage 4
Full time - Permanent
MPR/UPR plus TLR 2b
Required from April 2022 (a September 2022 start will be considered)
Tor Bridge High in Plymouth, rated Good by Ofsted in March 2018, was described as having ‘an open and positive school culture’, ‘where pupils of different ages happily co-exist’ and is a thriving oversubscribed school.
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, dynamic and skilled teacher to join our School to support the Curriculum Leader for Mathematics.
Your passion and enthusiasm for Mathematics will be central to you inspiring and motivating our students to enjoy and achieve in Mathematics and to build upon its existing popularity. We seek a committed individual with specialist knowledge to support the development of the mathematics curriculum and to promote and embed high quality classroom practice, as well as a middle leader with the interpersonal skills to influence and develop colleagues to deliver excellent quality teaching for every student.
• are an outstanding classroom practitioner and are passionate about outstanding teaching and learning;
• have the ability to inspire young people;
• are determined to support young people to enjoy learning and make good progress in Mathematics;
• are innovative, hardworking and an excellent practitioner;
• have proven success in raising achievement;
• are an excellent team player, looking for a role in leading a well-resourced, specialist mathematics department;
• have strong leadership and management skills, ensuring high quality performance of others;
• are committed to developing colleagues through encouragement, performance management and providing opportunities;
• are keen to join a school where you will be well supported and encouraged to develop professionally;
then we would be delighted to hear from you. An information pack and application form are available from the school website. For further information or to arrange a visit please contact school Reception.
Closing date: noon on Monday 17th January 2022
Interviews: Friday 21st January 2022
Tor Bridge High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.