Second in Maths sought for this ambitious, outstanding and heavily oversubscribed new academy, located in North Kingston close to the River Thames.
The Kingston Academy seeks a Second in Maths to work under the direction of Head of Maths. We invite applications from candidates with the following attributes for this role:
- Passionate about their subject;
- Strong classroom practitioner, with the ability to engage pupils;
- Experienced in curriculum planning and development;
- Experienced in performance development and line management;
- Innovative in their approach to engaging pupils in mathematics;
- Flexible and committed to engage in the wider curriculum through our Going Beyond and enrichment activities.
We are seeking experienced candidates with the highest ability and practice in mathematics. The context of our growing new Outstanding academy will offer the successful candidate exceptional opportunity for career progression and enhancement.
Commencement: End August 2019
Please use the link to complete the online application form.
Our selection procedure will aim to identify with rigour whether the candidate fulfills the requirements of the post and will include the consideration of the candidate’s suitability to work with children and young people. The process will include:
- Conducting an observed maths lesson of 55 minutes duration;
- Meeting with a panel of our pupils for informal question and answer session;
- Interview with the Head Teacher, Deputy Head and Head of Maths.