Blossom House is an Ofsted-rated “Outstanding” specialist school for children aged 3 – 19 years of age with speech, language and communication difficulties. Although many of the children have some associated difficulties such as fine motor problems or poor organisational skills, they are all within the average range of cognitive abilities. Our children benefit from an integrated on-site team of therapists across a range of disciplines which include Speech & Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Music Therapists, Art Therapists and Drama Therapists who work closely with Teachers and Teaching Assistants.
Secondary Behaviour Lead
We have an exciting opportunity for a teacher or therapist who has experience in and an interest in working with pupils aged 11-16 with social, emotional and communication needs, to share the Secondary Behaviour Lead role and join the Behaviour Management team.
The school currently adopts a holistic nurturing approach to behaviour management and ensures that behaviour strategies are child-focused and linked to embedding long-term positive behaviour goals. Our approach to behaviour management is therapeutic in nature and includes restorative justice principles and attachment aware and trauma responsive practice.
The ideal candidate:
You will have extensive experience of behaviour management across key stage 3 and 4, actively managing groups of children and coping with challenging complex behaviour.
Experience of actively managing and supporting staff with therapeutic behaviour management, intervening where appropriate.
Ability to work with the Head of Behaviour to develop relevant policies, to deliver behaviour training, and to manage behaviour data.
A working knowledge of behaviour theories and behaviour strategies.
The role may suit someone with a background in Teaching, Speech & Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Behaviour Management, along with experience of working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary setting.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the successful applicant will have an ability to work flexibly and independently, as well as be an integral and valued member of the wider multi-disciplinary team.
You will be patient, friendly and will have the ability to build good working relationships with colleagues, children, teachers, parents, therapists, and carers and other external stakeholders.
- A supportive working environment in a newly refurbished building.
- Close to a good transport network and on-site free parking is available.
- Small class sizes.
- Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers who will work alongside you in the classroom or collaborate for planning. Our Speech & Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist and Arts Therapists aim to maximise each child’s potential in a nurturing and supportive environment.
- Opportunities for continued professional development.
- Great staff benefits which include; pension, free Friday lunch, cycle to work scheme and computer scheme, free on-site parking, next to Motspur Park Station.
- UK Healthcare cash plan designed to help cover your “day to day” healthcare expenditure such as Optical and Dental bills and offers cash back (up to policy limits) for a variety of different medical treatments. It also offers lifestyle benefits and discounted gym membership.
The role is full-time, Monday to Friday 8.30am-5pm (8 weeks holiday)
Closing Date: 30th September 2022
If you wish to apply for the post, please download the application form and job description and email the completed application form detailing how you meet the requirements of the person specification along with the recruitment activity (on the last page of the advert) to the Recruitment Team by the closing date.
Blossom House School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including an Enhanced DBS check, the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We can only shortlist based on completed applications and not CV’s alone.
Blossom House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; successful applicants must be suitable to work with children and will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Certificate with barred list information.