Secondary Teaching Assistant
Start: 4th January 2022
Salary: Grade 4, points 7-8 (£20,092 - £20,493) FTE
(£16,111 - £16,433) actual pro-rata
Location: Odd Down, Bath.
Term: Part-time 35, Permanent, Term Time Only + 3 INSETS days
Are you looking for a new challenge and exciting opportunity?
Part of Futura Learning Partnership, Aspire Academy is a special school for children with SEMH identified as their primary need. As the school grows, with an exciting £2m development we are looking to appoint an outstanding Teaching Assistant to work closely with classes, small groups or individual students to help them reach their full potential.
You must be passionate about working with children and young people with additional needs and enjoy being part of team that supports students in order to help them to achieve the best outcomes and live positive, fulfilling lives.
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced and/or interested in SEN practices and provision with knowledge of how to meet the needs of pupils with SEN or the capacity to gain this quickly
- Have a great deal of enthusiasm and can motivate and inspire all pupils to engage in learning
- Have excellent communication skills and build positive relationships with young people
- Be flexible, proactive and positive
in return we offer:
- A supportive and enthusiastic staff team
- Fantastic students and a vibrant school community
- A school committed to excellence that values staff and students
- A full and varied CPD programme
- Wider opportunities to be involved across our multi academy trust
Please apply online.
Closing date for applications is 11:59pm Sunday 5th December 2021.
Interview date to be confirmed.
No CVs or agencies please
If you are interested and would like to discuss further or visit the school, please contact Peter Headeach, Principal, who will be delighted to hear from you.
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. Aspire Academy reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Futura Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Futura Learning Partnership will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
Aspire Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.