Birch Wood School has a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join our expanding team as a Classroom Teacher
The successful applicant will join a team of specialists teaching staff within Birch Wood. The provision is well resourced and supported by the senior leadership team and wider staff teams. The successful candidate would ideally have experience working with young people with MLD/SLD and Autism, we welcome applicants with primary and secondary SEND experience and Humanities and RE subject specialists although this not essential. All applicants should be passionate about making a positive difference.
Key Relationships/Liaison with: Assistant Head, Leadership Team, Teachers and support staff
Job Purpose: To provide high quality teaching, effective use of resources, effective coaching and mentoring and improved standards of learning and achievement for all students with SEND.
The successful Candidate will:
- Be dedicated to getting the best from young people, who at times may present as challenging and complex.
- have high expectations and enjoy the challenges associated with working in this environment to inspire rapid and accelerated progress in order to reach their full potential
- Be committed to the belief that all pupils can achieve and learn, whatever their disabilities
- Have experience and/or knowledge of working with children who have Special Educational Needs
- Have a flexible approach to working with others whilst forming relationships with young people
MPS/UPS depending on qualifications and experience and SEN1 or SEN2 depending on experience
We warmly welcome an informal visit or a conversation prior to application
Closing date for applications 10 May 2019 09.00 am
Applications should be emailed or by post to Renee Downing Birch Wood School, Grange Drive, Melton Mowbray Leics LE13 1HA
Interviews Week commencing 20th May 2019 successful applicants will be informed via email or telephone after the application closing date