We are seeking to appoint a number of Higher Level Teaching Assistants to Kingsweston School. These posts are offered as permanent contracts at Bristol Grade 9, 32.5 hours a week, term time only. The full time equivalent starting salary is £24,799 (pay award pending).
Kingsweston School is a large and diverse specialist provision in the north-west of Bristol operating from four sites and catering for pupils with ASC and complex and severe learning difficulties.
Our school operates in 3 strands. The SLD strand (severe learning difficulties) and the ASC strand (autism spectrum condition). We also have a small, but significant provision for young people who need a fully bespoke educational package, called The KEEP.
Why work at Kingsweston?
Judged to be GOOD in all areas March in 2020, Ofsted reported:
“Pupils excel at this multi-site school. Pupils are happy and enjoy lessons and social times. Pupils benefit from curriculums precisely matched to their needs.”
“Across all sites, staff are skilled and caring. They make sure that pupils’ needs are met because they know pupils well. Pupils feel secure as a result. Pupils like the positive relationships they have with caring staff.”
We are looking for people who are –
• Experienced in working with children and young people with special educational needs.
• Able to work as part of a hard-working, dedicated team as well as lead and develop others.
• Committed to further learning and development and enjoy variety and new challenges.
• Resilient and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Highly skilled at quickly assessing and responding to rapidly changing situations.
• Able to make informed choices about their own and others working needs to keep our young people at the centre of everything that we do.
If you believe that you could work with us to continue to make a difference to the lives of our children and young people and you want to work in a really supportive school then we are eager to hear from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and staff. All members of our community are required to commit to this and the appointment will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Kingsweston School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.