An exciting opportunity has arisen for candidates to support teaching and learning at Birch Wood (Melton Area Special School)
This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual who is willing to work with a range of students across the Birch Wood sites, someone who is able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities to start as soon as possible.
- Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
- Accompanying groups on trips.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Potential opportunities for personal and career development.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE MAY HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- previous experience.
- an ability to work on their own initiative.
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- a can-do attitude.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
This is salaried Grade 5 pt 7 (£9.54 per hour) for a maximum of 32.5 hours per week term time and INSET training days.
Download the application documents below or collect in person from the school office and return asap quoting reference LSAMAY19.
Closing date for applications 10 May 2019 09.00 am
Interviews Week commencing 20th May 2019 successful applicants will be informed via email or telephone after the application closing date
Completed applications should be submitted via email or by post to:
School Business Manager
Birch Wood School
All Candidates will be subject to an enahnced DBS check. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and subject to a check being carried out at an Enhanced level by the Disclosure and Barring Service regarding any previous criminal record.