Birch Wood Special School is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Learning Support Assistant.
Birch Wood seeks a highly committed and flexible learning support assistants to work within a class team.
Birch Wood Special School is at an exciting point in its development; we are rapidly expanding our provision across the school to meet local demand. We are looking for highly committed and flexible learning support assistants to work within a class team. The successful candidates may have previous experience working in a special school environment or be an aspirant SEN teacher seeking to gain experience. Experience of working with pupils with autism is an advantage, but not essential.
The post involves working alongside teachers, supporting pupils learning environment and small group support. Energy, fitness and enthusiasm are required to work with our students; in return they will give you a sense of achievement when they make progress, however small.
Training will be given for this rewarding job which offers the chance to develop your career.
Applicants should have:
- English/Maths GCSE grade C and above or Adult Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or above or relevant experience
- A desire for with working with students with special needs including Autism
- Previous experience is desirable although we are more interested in the person and their ability to support our students
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well on your own and as part of a team
- A positive attitude and sense of humour
- A willingness to learn new skills
- A willingness to undertake personal care of students on occasion.
The successful candidate will be required to work 32.5 hrs per week or part time to be negotiated, 39 weeks per year, term time and inset training days.
Salary is at Grade 5, paypoint 7-8 with a starting salary of £11,827 (for full time) £9.55 pr hr. To start asap.
Closing date for applications 1st November 2019 at 9.00am.
Interview date TBC
Successful candidates will be informed after the closing date. References will be sought for all applicants.