Would you like a teaching role that fits in with your lifestyle?
We are looking for Teachers who are passionate about creativity but adapting the curriculum to suit their student(s) needs.
We have full/part time roles available.
You will need to be able to teach KS3 or KS4 level and support students who are not in mainstream schools for various reasons including illness, behaviour/exclusion and SMEH.
The students usually get 15-25 hours of tuition per week and sessions are arranged for either morning (9-12) or afternoons (12.30 - 3.30).
The primary goal is to provide an individualised education both academically and socially.
- • Assessing the individual needs of the pupil and following their EHCP’s if applicable
- • The ability to differentiate work according to each child’s individual needs
- • Managing challenging behaviour in a positive and calm way
Candidates must have:
The legal right to work in the UK
- You do not need a QTS or a teaching qualification
- Hold a degree or equivalent
- Enhanced DBS Certificate, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable)
Two professional reference checks
The successful candidate will have some experience within the following:
- SEN experience
- Behavioural experience
- Experience of de-escalation techniques would be advantageous.
What we have to offer:
• Creative Hub - kitchen, drama studio, construction workshops, music workshop, sensory room and science lab
Start at a induction rate of £15p/h. If you have passed your induction your rate will then be reviewed an increased to £17/18p/h.
If you are successful you need to attend the following:
Monday - one off induction - 10.00am - 4.00pm
Tuesday - five Tuesdays - New Teacher induction - 4.30 - 6.00pm
Thursday - Departmental meeting - every Thursday - 4.30 - 6.00pm
Training is pay at £10p/h.
You will be teaching and training simultaneously.
TCW is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Complete Works Independent School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.