We are seeking a talented and hard-working SENCO to provide maternity cover at our outstanding academy school in West London from January 2020.
To lead, develop and support the growing of an outstanding SEND provision at Kensington Aldridge Academy. The successful candidate will be expected to lead, develop and support effective practice for pupils with particular learning needs to ensure they are addressed in the most effective way and, where appropriate, students with SEND make rapid progress in line with the academy’s expectations. It is expected that as well as leading SEND provision the successful candidate will also be an outstanding teacher of their subject(s).
- Leading the provision for special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) within the academy • Monitor the impact of teaching and learning activities on the progress made by pupils with SEN
- Provide a strategic vision for the department and raise standards of SEND student inclusion, attainment and achievement by monitoring and supporting student progress.
- Advocate and drive a fully inclusive ethos across the whole school, ensuring that staff develop a broad, balanced and inclusive curriculum to help SEND learners succeed.
- Liaise with Learning Support staff, Heads of Department, class teachers, Heads of House and parents about students with SEND and, where necessary, referring students to the appropriate external agencies for further support.
- Advise and guide learning support assistants and learning mentors of the needs of students with SEND and of suitable methods and strategies to remediate these needs. This may include the modelling of good practice or support with planning and review.
- Ensure that appropriate schemes of work, including related SEND assessment processes, are in place and regularly reviewed
- Monitor student progress through the use of Learning Support Plans, standardised assessments and other school wide or departmental assessment data to ensure that appropriate intervention strategies that raise overall standards are implemented
- Promote a collegiate approach so that the staff in the department work as a team
- Be responsible for relevant SEN administration with the Local Authority and other outside agencies as directed by the Inclusion lead including the administration of EHC plans through the annual review process
- Within the context of the Academy’s aims and policies, develop and implement SEND policies, plans, targets and practices.
SENCO – Maternity Cover
Report to: Principal + SLT
Start date: January 3rd 2020
End date: December 31st 2020 (with the option to extend to end of Spring term 2021 subject to performance and wider staffing developments)
Contract: Fixed term (maternity cover)
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 2A-C (subject to experience
Please when sending the application to put to the attention Alice Olive
Kensington Alridge Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.