SENCO (maternity cover)
Start Date: 27 August 2019
Term: Full time, 2 terms – part-time considered.
The City of Leicester College is seeking an outstanding and dynamic SENCO.
The college is a thriving multi-cultural 11-19 college, with over 1700 amazing students on roll, including a highly successful sixth form of 370. We pride ourselves on our diversity and believe in going the extra mile to ensure staff, students, and our mission statement, ‘Be Happy, Be Ambitions, Make a Difference’ underpins every aspect of our work.
In August 2018, the college achieved a P8 of +0.01 and our average three-year performance means we are placed in the top 15% nationally for our sixth form ALPS progress. Our monitoring inspection in June 2018, praised us for our ‘high aspirations for all pupils’ success’ and leaders’ ‘swift action’ and focus on key priorities.
We are looking for a qualified, experienced SENCO to lead our committed Inclusion Team whilst our current SENCO is on maternity leave. Following our recent SEND external review, the team is in a strong position to build on all of the identified strengths and to address some specific areas for development. Our successful candidate will be joining an innovative and supportive Inclusion Team in a vibrant, well-resourced learning environment. You will be supported by an Assistant SENCO and a team of TAs and Key Workers and will enthuse and inspire your colleagues with a clear vision and a ‘can do’ attitude towards continual improvement.
We welcome colleagues who share our College Vision:
To develop an inclusive, friendly, dynamic, high achieving learning community, where all students and staff are happy, whilst being supported and encouraged to be ambitious, achieve personal success and make a positive difference to their world.
We can offer you:
- A challenging, rewarding inner-city multi-cultural, multi-faith community
- Significantly higher non-contact time to enable you to be an effective leader who has impact
- Committed, enthusiastic, creative staff and students
- A friendly and supportive working environment where people genuinely work as a team in order to deliver the highest standards for our students
- A fantastic, well-resourced inspiring learning environment
- Access to excellent technology resources including iPads for staff and students
- Bespoke CPD pathways to meet your interests and needs, e.g. Aspiring Senior Leadership, Securing Excellence
- A supportive and purposeful induction programme for all staff, regardless of their role or experience, including mentoring and coaching.
Prospective candidates are most welcome to visit the college, prior to an application, so that you can see our wonderful location and experience our ethos. To arrange a visit at a mutually convenient time please contact Louise Modi, PA to Head Teacher.
CLOSING DATE for applications for this post is Monday 29th April 2019 at 9.00am
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Certificate.
The City of Leicester College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.