37 hours per week
Salary: £37,250 - £39,524 per annum (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Coventry College is seeking to appoint a SENCo to take the lead in developing and evaluating SEND practice in the College ensuring learners who are identified as having additional needs are supported appropriately and succeed in their education.
As a SENCo you should have:
• Minimum of a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths
• Experience of managing support for learners with EHCP’s and a wide range of learning difficulties and disabilities
• Experience of claiming High Needs Funding and 19+ ALS funding
You should also be able to demonstrate:
• Willingness to adopt new working practices and adapt to change
• Ability to interpret and implement learner support plans
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of equal opportunities and safeguarding and their importance within the College relevant to role
• 34 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
• On-site gym discount
• On-site nursery discount (First Friends Nursery)
• Free on-site parking at both campuses
• A good pension scheme
A flexible approach to working hours is essential. Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post. You will be required to apply for a DBS check if you are successful.
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted)
Coventry college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.