North Star 240° is a secondary provision within the North Star Academy Trust based in North Bristol specialising in supporting pupils experiencing social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We aim to be part of a joined-up provision offering our pupils the outstanding education they deserve.
We are looking for a SENCo who has experience providing specialist SEN support to ensure our pupils are offered the best opportunities to maximise their development and outcomes. The role will play a key part in developing confident, ambitious individuals who are emotionally and intellectually equipped for a brighter future.
We are looking for a teacher with:
- Experience of working with children who have additional social, emotional and/or mental health needs.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the statutory requirements of legislation concerning safeguarding, equal opportunities, Health and Safety and SEN.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the SEN Code of Practice and practical application strategies for meeting the special educational needs of students in a mixed ability classroom.
- Knowledge of effective teaching and learning styles and how they can be used effectively for individual children.
- Good planning and organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, the ability to work as part of a team and line manage other staff.
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure.
- A creative approach with the ability to look at improved ways of working
You will be part of:
- An exciting and innovative development of an All-through learning community
- A dedicated team of staff who strive for excellence
- A caring and inclusive ethos
- A school which has supportive Trustees and Parents with high expectations of the school
In return, we offer a competitive salary, pension, a supportive team, training and development and the potential for career progression for the right person.
Please refer to the job description and employee specification attached.
Closing date 30/06/2021
Interviews will be held on week commencing 05/07/2021
The Trust Board staff are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share in this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
North Star Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.