SEND Class Teacher (MPS + SEN)
Location: Bladon House School (part of the SENAD Group), Burton-on-Trent DE15 0TA.
Salary: MPS + SEN
Contract: Full time, permanent.
This is an exciting opportunity to come and work at our unique school as a class teacher and to make a difference to our young people who are at the heart of everything that we do.
We pride ourselves on being a ‘Good’ school where the promotion of “pupils’ personal development and welfare is OUTSTANDING.”
The role is suited to an experienced SEN teacher with empathy, commitment and a genuine understanding of what it takes to learners with complex additional needs.
What you can expect from us:
• 52 week contract paid monthly with school holidays
• Employee Assistance Programme, pension and The Bladon Perks which include:
• Well-being treatment contribution
• Termly breakfast rolls
• Seasonal chocolate gifts
• Dedicated well-being staff to support you
• Regular Training and CPD opportunities
• A positive and supportive working environment
• A specialist setting in a rural environment that prides itself on its outdoor and community-based learning opportunities
• The opportunity to greet our farm animals as you drive to work each morning
The job role:
• Acting as a class teacher within the sever learning needs phase of our school
• Teaching a class of 4-6 young people (aged 13-18) with learning needs (P6-NC Level 1)
• Ensuring progress towards EHCP outcomes and learning intentions using the Equals semi-formal curriculum and MAPP.
• Leading and managing a team of teaching assistants and support staff (up to 5 additional adults in each class)
• Working alongside our Bladon therapy team (SALT, Physio, OT, Clinical Psychology) to develop communication and self-regulation skills in young people
• Managing physically and emotionally challenging behaviour including the use of physical intervention when necessary
• Promoting the well-being of young people and staff across school
• Being positive and adaptable
Bladon House School is a residential special school for young people from 5-19 with Special Educational Needs including autism, attachment, PWS, moderate learning difficulties, severe learning difficulties, communication needs, therapeutic needs (including speech and language and sensory processing needs), and associated challenging behaviour.
A school visit prior to application is HUGLEY RECOMMENDED! So that you can see for yourself our amazing school and young people.
Bladon House School and The SENAD Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. As part of the appointment process we will undertake checks to ensure that you do not pose a risk of harm to children or young people - the successful candidate will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to thorough background checks. This shall also include an employer reference obtained prior to interview.
The SENAD Group is dedicated to equality of opportunity in all areas of work, education and care.
Closing date: Tuesday 8th February 2022.
Interview date: Tuesday 15th February 2022.
Start date: Monday 25th April 2022.