SEND Class Teacher (Permanent)
Salary: MPS 1 to MPS 6 plus SEN allowance
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Commencement date: 1 September 2022
Outstanding Opportunities for Outstanding Individuals...........
Exeter House is a forward thinking, aspirational and vibrant Special School in Salisbury. This is an exciting time for us as we are exploring opportunities for expansion and further development of our provision and aim to become a Centre of Excellence for the south of Wiltshire.
We are a supportive and caring school where we strive to enable everyone to be the best they can be. We not only believe in the extraordinary but seek it out in every student we work with and every staff member who works for us.
Exeter House is part of the Somerset Road Education Trust: a unique collaborative multi-academy trust, formed in partnership with St Mark’s CofE Junior School and Wyndham Park Infants’ School who share our campus. We also have an offsite vocational centre for our older students. We also have an offsite vocational centre for our older students, plus a Resource Base at each of our partner school. At present the school caters for approximately 160 young people between the ages of 4 and 19 who have PMLD, SLD or Complex Needs. A significant number of students also have a diagnosis of autism.
We want to hear from you if:
- You are an exceptional practitioner with a proven track record in Special, Early Years, Primary or Secondary Education.
- You are an ECT keen to start a career in special education.
- Experience with students with AS would be an advantage.
- You are able to inspire and motivate students to achieve their full potential.
- You have a passion to make a difference to the lives of students with a variety of disabilities.
- You are seeking to develop your career within a supportive and experienced team.
We can offer you:
- A positive and friendly working environment.
- An opportunity to work with an amazing group of young people.
- Extensive induction programme and ongoing CPD programme and training.
- Opportunities and support for continued professional growth.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reduced membership fee at local Health and Fitness Club.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 01722-334168 to arrange a convenient time.
For further information please email Tracey Allman or telephone HR direct line on 01722-420699. Full contact details can be located within the 'Apply Now' section; please log in or register to view.
Closing date: Tuesday 12 July 2022 (noon)
Interview date: Monday 18 July 2022
Somerset Road Education Trust (SRET) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Exeter House Special School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.