Required September 2021
Helston Community College, part of the Southerly Point Co-operative Multi-Academy Trust, are seeking a highly competent and ambitious senior leader, who is ready to take on a new challenge, fulfilling a major role within our Senior Leadership team. The successful candidate will lead in all aspects of school improvement related to Safeguarding, Welfare and Inclusion, and will be the College’s Designated Safeguarding Lead.
We are looking for someone who has a proven ability in strategic thinking and outstanding leadership, ensuring the College continues to provide high quality education for all our children in a caring, inclusive environment. The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience as a Designated Safeguarding Lead at senior leadership level.
We want to hear from dynamic and passionate individuals with extensive knowledge/experience of:
• safeguarding protocols and a commitment to inclusive education;
• establishing strong pastoral systems;
• building capacity for highly effective teaching and learning.
We are seeking to appoint someone who:
• will ensure the College is always fully compliant in all areas of safeguarding;
• can lead this area of our work with kindness, warmth and dynamism, but also with total clarity, relentless consistency and a refusal to accept anything other than the very highest possible standards;
• can establish what is working well, identify where improvements are needed, then make change happen in a way that will lead others to join you;
• is a reflective practitioner, keen to develop and progress, both as a teacher and a leader;
• will share and support the College and the Trust’s commitment to provide an all-round, outstanding education for all our students.
We are committed to promoting aspiration, encouraging ambition and ensuring achievement within a values-driven ethos.
Closing Date: Wednesday 21st April 2021 - 12.00pm
Interviews: During the week commencing 26th April 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Southerly Point Co-operative Multi Academy Trust is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.