To maintain control and act as a senior fitness advisor and acting supervisor within the sports facilities, at Hopwood Hall College. To assist in ensuring the facilities can function effectively and safely for both College and community usage. To ensure that all users enter the premises in accordance with laid down procedures and that a full and professional service is provided.
To undertake a wide range of duties, including use of till systems and booking management systems, supervisory cover in the absence of manager/supervisor, dealing with customer enquiries, stock control, cash handling, cleaning duties, health suite duties, delivery of classes Curricular and commercial and control of all indoor and outdoor sport facilities, and the moving and setting up of equipment as required. Including the development of enrichment programmes and initiatives.
1. To provide a welcoming clean, safe and professional environment to all visitors. Including staff, students and the general public.
2. To provide cover as “Acting Duty Supervisor” in the absence of the manager/supervisor in accordance with rota systems and daily duties including work experience control and safety of operations and systems
3. To issue a safe fitness programme to each individual in correspondence with a signed health declaration, recommending appropriate exercise prescriptions and advice, so that members are physically able to participate in all activities.
4. To provide practical sessions and supervisory cover in the absence of staff /tutors /supervisor or manager. .
5. To assist in safeguarding the security of equipment, users and the building, including external areas, Grass fields by carrying out regular checks and risk assessments as directed by the supervisor or manager.
6. To ensure implementation of all fire prevention procedures, and fire evacuation procedures are followed at all times.
7. To provide first aid service as and when required to curriculum, staff and the general public.
8. To effectively demonstrate, observe and evaluate members and staff to ensure they have a safe operational knowledge of the fitness suite and its equipment.
9. To ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
10. To work in co-ordination with the Sports facility staff and to provide cover as necessary in the absence of staff.
11. To be responsible for advice and support to members/general public and curriculum, appropriate to your skills and qualifications, including the directing of activities for users to prevent injury, misuse or damage to facilities.
12. To maintain and process information using both computerised and manual records.
13. To participate in a cleaning rota as designated by the centre manager including internal and external area’s and basic maintenance where necessary.
14. To check and record daily floats at start and end of the shift including completion of summary sheets and the reconciliation of the monies in accordance with Hopwood Hall College financial regulations.
15. The control and cleaning of all facilities including changing rooms, toilets, training rooms grass pitches external areas and Astroturf at the sports Arena and sports Park and grass fields.
16. To operate as a key holder in the opening and locking up of all area’s and facilities. Including alarms systems and barriers.
17. To deal with enquiries face to face and by telephone concerning all activities of the Sports Arena and Sports Park.
18. To provide a full reception service including all bookings, replacement of stock, operation of a computerised till and membership database. The issuing of receipts and keys, also to include the undertaking of counter sales as and when required.
19. To undertake in-house and other training in order to maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of designated Fitness Centre systems and procedures, and contribute to improvements in service levels.
20. Assembling, dismantling and moving of equipment.
21. To play a full part in the “life of the college and community”, to support its mission, ethos and help in the development and delivery of enrichment Programmes and/or participation and delivery of classes and activities in the absence of tutors. To deliver practical sessions and to support curricular classes, Out of term holiday clubs, Competitions and community cohesion projects and similar as designed by the Centre Manager.
22. To help develop the work experience Programme and mentor and assess in line with key directives of the college.
23. Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
Hopwood Hall College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.