Sandwell Academy is one of the top performing schools in the Sandwell region. The Academy is annually over-subscribed and a hugely popular destination for students. We have been ranked Outstanding by Ofsted three times in a row due to the dedication and team spirit of all members for the Academy and the culture of celebrating success.
The successful candidate will be given responsibility for a whole school area. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to serve on the Senior Management Team at an Outstanding Ofsted provider.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is negotiable and will be on the leadership scale. Salaries broadly reflect national pay scales and successful candidates are also eligible for performance related pay linked to Academy policy in addition to their salary. We also offer childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, shopping discounts and use of a state of the art fitness suite and sports facilities. The post offers an exciting opportunity for ambitious and hardworking professionals to develop as a Senior Leader with outstanding professional support within a dynamic team of staff.
An application pack is available to download from our website www.sandwellacademy.com Should you require further information, please call 0121 525 1700 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Thursday 31 January 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within a week of the closing date. After this date you can assume that your application has not been taken further on this occasion.
Sandwell Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children so you will need to take an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. We are committed to promoting Equal Opportunities and therefore only applications submitted on the Academy’s application form will be considered.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
Senior Management Qualities:
- A proven record of leading and delivering a successful curriculum in Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
- A commitment to the delivery of high quality, accelerated programmes for the more able.
- A secure understanding of leadership and the contribution it makes to school improvement.
- The ability to communicate vision and strategy effectively and persuasively in a variety of contexts.
- Successful experience in the leadership of teams
- The ability to evaluate colleagues' work and provide supportive feedback securing improvement.
- The ability to secure improvement in provision supported by the ability to analyse and interpret data effectively.
- Budget management skills.
- A clear understanding of issues in secondary education.
- Within the Sandwell context, and working closely with the Head, a willingness to apply the Academy context through the core principles of the sponsors’ educational approach. This includes a flat management structure, an on-line modular curriculum, longer taught sessions, a vertical tutor system and a range of extended curriculum opportunities through after school sessions.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) is essential.
- The ability to deliver an innovative curriculum in Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
- Evidence of good quality teaching and subject knowledge