Full Time 37 Hours per week (Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 5:00pm and Fridays 8:30am – 4:30pm)
Based at the St Albans Campus
Starting Salary £23,962 per annum (Salary banding £23,962 - £26,188)
Oaklands College based in St Albans Hertfordshire are recruiting for a Senior Learning Support Assistant to join the Independent Learning Support department.
Amongst other things, the role will require you to support the ILS Co-ordinator in ensuring the delivery of a high quality learning support to individuals or groups of students with learning difficulties and disabilities and to assist tutors in delivering the curriculum.
You will also be required to ensure new staff are supported effectively in acclimatising to the expectations and statutory requirements of the role as part of the mentor process. The role will be split between the classroom and other duties, in addition to other duties you will line manage a team of learning support assistants.
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to demonstrate they hold the following;
• Good standard of education or extensive experience
• Experience of supporting students with specific additional needs e.g. sensory impairment, dyslexia and/or Autism/Aspergers Syndrome within an educational/similar environment
Please refer to the attached job description when submitting your application.
Closing Date: Thursday 1st October
Interview Date - TBC
WHAT WE OFFER
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Local Government pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 30 days plus 8 days bank holiday
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching
• Free onsite parking
• Subsidised onsite restaurant
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.