Senior Support Assistant
32.5 Hours Per Week
40 Weeks Per Year
Salary £15,594.86 - £16,597.86 Actual (FTE £20,317.33 - £21,623.06)
Newbury College is recruiting a Senior Support Assistant for the Foundation Learning Department to support staff and key workers within their roles to ensure the effective delivery of the department.
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individual to join this team on as a Senior Support Worker on a term-time basis.
Foundation Learning support students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities by providing valuable life skills and vocational training. Our staff provide an excellent level of care and support for our students within a purpose-built centre.
You will have the following:
- A minimum of level 2 (GCSE) English and Maths or equivalent
- Level 2 Health & Social care or equivalent
- Experience of working with individuals who have additional needs in a personal or professional setting
- Experience of leading a team
It would be desirable if you also:
- Level 3 Health & Social care or equivalent
- Free on-site parking
- Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution) OR Teachers Pension Scheme
- Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
- Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
- Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
- Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third-party provider)
If you have any questions about the role then please feel free to contact a member of Newbury College's HR Department for further information.
Join us on the journey to outstanding We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.