37 hours p/week, £26,709 per annum,
New & Exciting Opportunity - We are recruiting for the role of Senior Tutor and Deputy Safeguarding Leads to join Wiltshire College & University Centre to lead and manage campus based Tutorial & Safeguarding teams.
As our Senior Tutor and Deputy Safeguarding Lead:
• You will lead and manage a team of tutors with an allocated case load of students to support all pastoral elements focusing on progress, attendance, retention and student experience.
• Act as Deputy Safeguarding Lead to ensure that processes to identify vulnerable students are followed and intervention strategies support and retain students.
• To be one of the named designated teachers for looked after children and those who have recently left care.
• To contribute to facilitating and coordinating cross-college themed weeks and activities linked to careers, destination and progression, health and wellbeing, curriculum and vocational activity and enrichment.
Your significant knowledge, experience and skills should demonstrate:
• A background from Education (preferably Further Education) of working with young people & vulnerable adults • Significant safeguarding and student support experience holding a relevant up to date advanced safeguarding qualification.
• An excellent communicator and collaborator with experience of leading and managing a team to met and exceed goals.
Wiltshire College & University Centre is committed to the protection of young people and vulnerable adults and to safeguarding and Prevent and promoting the welfare of learners and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The College is accredited to the Disability Confident Employer award, part of this means a commitment to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities.
Employment benefits include a total of 30 days annual leave per annum, plus bank holidays and College closure days over the Christmas period, access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, free on-site parking and a variety of in-house benefits such as gyms, coffee shop, restaurants and high-street discounts using Perkbox.
The close date will be midday on Monday 04 November 2019
Adverts normally close at midday on the closing date, however vacancies may close early if sufficient applications have been received. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted by Networx or the Wiltshire College & University Centre HR Department. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we will not be able to provide feedback for candidates who have not been shortlisted for interview.
Wiltshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.