Sessional Learning Support Practitioners
Starting Rate: £9.23 to £10.37 per hour + Holiday Pay
- Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of young people –do you enjoy learning and would like to support others to succeed with their studies?
- Are you keen to work in a stimulating, fast moving college with a huge emphasis on providing holistic support for all our students - so that they achieve their dreams?
- Are you flexible, responsive, quick- thinking and a really good listener who can link into the needs of students and work with them to develop their literacy, numeracy and thinking skills?
If so, we have exciting opportunities for Learning Support Practitioners to join our Learner Services Team on a sessional basis.
LSPs work with teachers to support individuals or small groups of students, including students with neuro-diverse profiles such as dyslexia, autism and ADHD.
You may be working with young people or adults, and to be successful in this role you will need to be an enthusiastic individual with excellent communication and personal skills
Ideally, you will need to have relevant experience within the field of education and training. If however, you are a recent graduate with a love of learning, have a fine grasp of study skills and are passionate to help others develop their skills- you could be a great asset to our team!
You will also need to have the following qualification as a minimum:
- Level 2 Maths and English Qualifications
- Relevant qualification /training in a SEND related discipline –ASC, SpLD or SLCN
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted)
Coventry College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.