Sixth form Class Teacher
We are recruiting for a Sixth form Class teacher/Leader to join us at Sheiling School, to plan and deliver an appropriate curriculum. To work with our 16-19 year old students with complex learning difficulties including autism.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required.
What we offer
• 41 weeks worked, 11 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance
• Perkbox benefits package, Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
• Pension scheme
• Free onsite parking, subject to availability
About the job
• To plan and deliver an appropriate curriculum including functional skills, life skills, craft and enterprise.
• To identify individual needs, to provide effective teaching and be responsible for creating a therapeutic, safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment that enables pupils to succeed in their learning.
• To identify and meet the individual needs of students with demand avoidance and challenging Behaviour.
• To manage the Support workers.
• Experience in delivering functional and life skills to students with additional needs.
• Experience in horticulture, green woodwork or related crafts.
• Experience in Team management.
• You will ideally have a Diploma or Degree level qualifications in Education or Teaching.
• Experience of working with SEN pupils and/or pupils with challenging behaviour.
• You are committed to ensuring pupils achieve their full educational potential.
• You have high expectations for all pupils and will not let disability, disadvantage or challenging behaviour distract you from these high expectations.
Hours and working patters
The salary is £26,224 – £28,400 per annum, dependent on relevant experience and qualifications
40 hours a week working 8:30 to 17:00, Monday to Friday.
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.