This is your opportunity to work with some of the most committed and intelligent secondary school students in the country as part of a highly skilled and cohesive Sixth Form Team and an outstanding wider group of teachers
The key focuses of this role will be to:
● ensure that the Sixth Form Private Study environment is conducive to outstanding learning at all times through rigorous supervision;
● support the Sixth Form Team in delivering an exceptional provision in the following areas: pastoral care, the co-curriculum, the super-curriculum and careers and higher education planning. Strong levels of literacy and communication will be required in order to facilitate these duties;
● deliver high quality cover lessons to highly able students of selective ability;
● cultivate warm and professional relationships with students centred around our strong ethos of
● (if desired) support the delivery of school sport including rugby and cricket;
● support teachers to secure the very best outcomes for students by undertaking a wide range of curriculum support tasks
Wallington County Grammar School is one of the most successful schools in the country. Our motto is Per Ardua ad Summa, Through Difficulties to the Heights, which our exceptional students exemplify each and every day. Their success and that of our staff has been recognised by Ofsted, grading the school ‘outstanding’ in all areas, and more recently by the Secretary of State for Education who presented the school with the 2019 Evening Standard Award for School Achievement. This success is born from a strong set of values centred around compassion for one another, commitment to all we do, courage in facing life’s many challenges and creativity to succeed in a global 21st century society.
We are a highly selective school, admitting 150 young men from across London and the South East into Year 7 and admitting young women into the Sixth Form. We have a well-balanced, academic curriculum centred around developing scholarship and creativity which, when combined with innovative and forward thinking pedagogy, makes Wallington County Grammar School, an extremely stimulating environment in which to work.
Advantages of joining our exceptional team of staff include:
● working with highly intelligent and committed young men and women.
● working within a friendly, welcoming and experienced Sixth Form leadership team.
● opportunities for rapid promotion both within the school and the wider Folio Trust;
● access to a Charter Marked CPD programme (Silver Status);
● a leafy setting on the edge of the beautiful Beddington Park easy access to both central London
and the Surrey countryside;
● a superb graduate programme through Teacher Apprenticeship and Schools Direct routes;
● a close affiliation with the Institute for Education with the School leading local provision of the
National Qualifications for Middle and Senior Leadership as well as leading the Borough’s English
and Science School Centred Teacher Training;
● amenities and benefits including priority entry for children of staff; onsite parking; Ride to Work
Scheme; Employee Assistance Programme and a School gym;
● a firm commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
Wallington County Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.