Crowdys Hill School is a dynamic and expanding special school for students with moderate learning difficulties and complex needs. This is a particularly exciting time for us, as the Sixth Form Provision opened in September 2016. Our Sixth Form focuses on building independence for the students and teachers are expected to encourage this in all their lessons.
We are currently seeking to employ a versatile and creative person in the following position:
- Qualified or Unqualified teacher to teach small classes in the Sixth Form, required to be flexible in their approach, and able to lead groups outside the classroom. Knowledge of teaching in post 16 provision desirable
- Experience delivering ASDAN modules and maintaining paperwork and assessments
- Able to lead English at level 1 or above, and develop schemes of work
- Willingness and ability to teach: Media, ICT, Art desirable
- Our school takes a very person-centred approach to each of our students’ learning to maximise their independence and realise their aspirations.
We welcome applications from individuals at all stages of their career, who have teaching and SEN experience. Additional support and training will be provided for outstanding individuals wishing to further their specialist knowledge and understanding. We support all staff in understanding and managing the special needs of our students, and give all team members an invaluable insight and appreciation of the rewards to be gained from working in a school such as ours.
This is an ideal opportunity to make your mark on the education of pupils with SEND. You will need to be innovative, resourceful, and be confident with teaching outside the classroom.
- Passionate about working with students with special educational needs?
- An outstanding individual with the aptitude and desire to work with students who have complex learning needs?
- A creative thinker, looking to be part of a highly effective multi disciplinary team?
- A team player who will be able to provide a positive contribution to further develop an exciting curriculum?
- Flexible and adaptable to the needs of the students?
- Able to focus learning around the child?
- Be able to adapt to a variety of SEN either in or out of a classroom setting?
- Happy to take students out in the community to build on their independence and knowledge of adult life
If you are, then we can offer:
- An excellent supportive staff committed to achieving exceptionally high standards.
- An interesting, diverse and exciting career.
- Caring, fun students that enjoy coming to school to learn.
- Small class sizes to allow you to give more time and individual attention to pupils.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Strong ethos and a commitment to collaborative working.
- A sense of achievement at the end of every day.
MPS/UPS + SEN allowance
Unqualified TPS + SEN Allowance
Point 1 – 6 dependent on experience
In accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, jobholders should take reasonable care to ensure that personal data is not disclosed outside Council procedures, or use personal data held on others for their own purposes. In accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, ensure requests for non-personal information are dealt with in accordance with the Council’s written procedures.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Crowdys Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Crowdys Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all post holders are subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure and employment checks. References will be called and checked prior to interview. The right to work in the UK and qualifications will be checked at the time of the interview.