Specialist Learning Support Worker (Communication)
Fractional Fixed Term Contract 1st September 2019 – 30th June 2020
Fractional Term time only - 15 hours per week for 32 weeks
Salary: Hourly Rate £20.07
Are you interested in supporting young people or adults to succeed in education?
We are looking for a positive, calm individual with an ability to see humour in difficult situations, to support a student with hearing difficulties to access our Sixth Form provision.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Learning Support team. You will use BSL and other appropriate forms of communication support, to support the individual needs of the students and facilitate successful inclusion within the college.
• Possess, or be working towards, Stage 3 in British Sign Language
• be willing to liaise with external agencies about best practice
• Understand safeguarding and the importance of confidentiality
• Have good interpersonal skills
• Be able to offer a wide range of communication support strategies to a student that will enable them to access to the curriculum in an appropriate method.
Interested? Please see the job description or contact the College for more information
PLEASE APPLY NOW – This may be closed early once sufficient applications are received.
Benefits include: generous holiday scheme, pension scheme (including life assurance), free on-site car parking, various local business staff discounts, on-site gym, Refectory and Cycle to Work scheme.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Cirencester College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.