Forward Futures is an established Recruitment Specialist providing a high-quality service to Education professionals seeking temporary & contract positions with a leading FE College within North Somerset.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Specialist SEND Practitioner (SpLD/Dyslexia) with the Faculty of Inclusive Practice at a leading FE College.
This role is for highly qualified and experience specific learning difficulties (SpLD) practitioners, required to work as part of a team planning and delivering high quality innovative individualised programmes of support for learners with dyslexia on programmes of study across the college. The specialist support programmes provided will be delivered on a 1:1 basis and/or with small groups, empowering learner’s independence, setting high expectations and creating a culture that enables learners with dyslexia to excel.
The crucial aspect of the role will include working in collaboration with the teaching teams to identify how the programmes of study are made accessible for learners with dyslexia, tailored to their individual needs ensuring seamless transitions between courses, schools, colleges and other outside agencies.
• To support the learners and tutors in the classroom, workshop and/or virtual learning platform as part of the learner’s programme of study, encouraging aspirational attitudes to learning;
• To adopt an innovative and creative approach to the support learners with SEND and employ strategies to empower and promote independent learning that contributes to the whole college approach to inclusive practice;
• Differentiate resources appropriate to learning and assist learners in all areas of the curriculum by differentiating assignments and course materials as appropriate.
• Implement appropriate strategies and learning targets as part of the learners individualised support programme.
• To be competent with the use of digital technology and assistive technologies programmes and software and to implement technologies in the learner journey;
WHAT WE OFFER
• Flexible, term-time hours
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected College.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
• Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as Access to on site gym
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
• Industry Experience working in this environment
• Degree or equivalent in Inclusive Practice or other relevant subject
Forward Futures is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.