STEM Teacher (Permanent Teacher of Maths and Science)
Are you ready to inspire the next generation of Scientists, Technologists, Engineers and Mathematicians at Ysgol Maesydderwen?
We are looking for an inspirational teacher to develop our students’ talents, supporting them to become confident and thoughtful learners. Our students will expect you to have the highest standards of literacy, numeracy and digital competence to innovate within these core areas of learning. You will be required to teach Science and Mathematics across Key Stages 3 and 4, with the potential for Key Stage 5 teaching depending on your specialism. You will join a supportive dynamic team. You will be a confident practitioner with a proven track record in raising outcomes in STEM subjects and have an infectious passion for learning. We embrace ambition and this post is ideal for someone either embarking on their teaching career or looking to move to middle leadership. If you feel you can step up to take STEM to the next level and continue the buzz we are creating in our school community, we want to hear from you! This permanent contract starts on 1st of September 2021. If you have any questions about the role, then please contact Mr. M. Jones (Deputy Headteacher).
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a qualified Mathematics or Science Teacher
• Typically delivering good / excellent learning experiences
• Be confident in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
• Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments
• Be an inspiring teacher with a real enthusiasm for STEM subjects
• Be able to motivate his/her pupils to achieve
• Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
• Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school
We can offer you:
• A fantastic building with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
• Outstanding support and development tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• An exciting opportunity to be at the heart of the development of key Areas of Learning and Experience in the new Curriculum for Wales at Ysgol Maesydderwen
• An opportunity to join a highly supportive team with a shared vision for success
Ysgol Maesydderwen is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.