Subject Leader Drama TLR 2.2: Outer London Pay Scale £35k - £45k
Required for Easter or September 2021
If you are a candidate committed to high quality teaching and learning who wants to develop your career in an outstanding school, working closely with colleagues who share that passion, then we want to hear from you.
“Cheam High is an outstandingly effective school” Ofsted 2015, 2010 & 2007
GCSE 2020: 90% of students gained 4+ EM; 63% gained 5+ EM
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced teacher to join our department. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and creative person who is committed to exciting, practical based drama teaching and motivating students of all abilities to do their best. Drama is an outstanding, successful department with excellent resources and is a popular option at both Key Stage 4 and Post 16.
The Drama department is based within a purpose built performing arts block with interactive whiteboards in each room and stage lighting.
Cheam High School is oversubscribed and highly successful with a strong commitment to staff development and an innovative and proactive approach to school improvement, resulting in high levels of performance.
The successful candidate will be:
• Ambitious for young people and for themselves
• Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
• Keen to continually develop their practice, sharing what works best with their team
• An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
What we can offer you:
• You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing.
• You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
• You will benefit from our well-established programme of training and development
• You will be working with students who are enthusiastic and keen to succeed
• You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming, and a staffroom social committee that organises various events as well as regular Friday evening sporting sessions for those with energy!
The school is situated in Cheam, 30 minutes train journey from London Victoria and a short distance from Surrey, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information and an application form can be found on the school website. Applicants may prefer to use the TES application form; this is an acceptable alternative.
Application to the Headteacher, Mr P Naudi asap and by
9am Monday 8th February 2021 at the latest.
Cheam High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Cheam High School is an equal opportunities employer.