SUBJECT TEAM LEADER - ENGLISH (TPR + TLR 1b £9,669)
Required for September 2019
Imagine what’s possible…
The English Department at Newton Abbot College has produced very strong outcomes for students at key stages 4 and 5 for many years now. We are looking for a strong leader of English to take the department to the next level. If you are excited at the prospect of leading a core department in a school with a very strong reputation, then we look forward to receiving your application.
We deliver English Literature, English Language and Media Studies at A Level.
- an inspirational, dedicated and forward-thinking classroom practitioner
- able to teach excellent English lessons up to A Level
- committed to raising standards
- creative, conscientious and enthusiastic?
- have a track record of excellent teaching and outcomes for students
- be able to ensure continuous progress and consistent high attainment for all students
- demonstrate excellent planning, communication and organisational skills
- be able to enthuse and motivate all students
- have incredibly high expectations
- be able to motivate the team to further progress with their teaching, results and professional development
- believe that all students are capable of success.
We welcome applications from those looking for their first promotion or those with middle management experience. If you relish the opportunities and challenges which this role presents, think you can make a difference to our College and like the idea of joining our successful, supportive and highly motivated team in the delivery of excellence through education, then we want to hear from you!
We, at Newton Abbot College (“Good” OFSTED May 2018) have exceptional expectations of our students and staff and we welcome applicants who share our commitment to place student learning at the centre of everything we do. Our induction programme is excellent and all staff are involved in an innovative CPD programme.
Sounds exciting? Then get in touch.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. If successful, you will undergo Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service and employment checks.
Only applications submitted on the College’s online application form will be considered.
Closing date: 26 March 2019 at noon; Interview date: 4 April 2019
Newton Abbot College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful, you will undergo Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service and employment checks.