Reports to: Programme Manager (Transition Camps)
Based at: Various locations across the UK
Hours: 8:30am – 4:00pm
This role will sit in LMP Action, our Community Interest Company. We are set up spe-cifically to support young people broaden their horizons. We are a social impact or-ganisation that specialises in supporting those from lower socio-economic backgrounds into sustainable, post-16 destinations.
LMP Action’s Transition Camp Programme is a Summer School initiative to provide children and young people with the extra support they need to have a smooth transi-tion from Primary to Secondary School. The programme offers creatively devised ses-sions that are fun and engaging over the course of one week. The programme is de-livered by qualified teachers and LMP Action offer a holistic approach, measuring self-esteem whilst underpinning numeracy and literacy principles.
We are currently recruiting for Qualified Teachers to help us with our inspiring Summer Transitions Camp Programme. The role is to support young people who are transitioning from their Primary School to their new Secondary School. We are keen to develop a suite of good delivery staff who can engage young people (aged 11-12) and take part in fun activities.
• Delivery of an engaging and meaningful enrichment programmes or holiday camps
• Teaching and facilitating activities. You will oversee a group of 25 children transitioning into Secondary School)
• Confident delivering interactive and engaging lessons
• Delivery of team-building games, fun activities and arts and crafts
• Delivery of sports and outdoor games should your skill set allow
• Monitoring and reporting on individual progress/needs
• Maintaining a great atmosphere, working well with others and ensure effective safeguarding of young people
• Attending a mandatory training session ahead of camp delivery (in person).
• Whilst on camp, attending daily pre-camp and post-camp briefings.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS or a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)
• Enhanced DBS Certificate
• Effective at differentiating schemes of work, so all pupils reach their full potential
• Relevant experience at delivery of facilitating activities and/or workshops
• Excellent communication skills
• Enthusiastic, reliable, and motivated
• A passion for teaching and developing young people
• Good ICT skills.
This role is a casual role, and we are keen to build a bank of good delivery staff. We run several Transition Camps across the UK each academic year. You will get your choice of camp based on location and availability. You won’t need to do every camp but to give you an idea of key dates, see below:
Week 1: Monday 24th July - Friday 28th July 2023
Week 2: Monday 31st July – Friday 4th August 2023
Week 3: Monday 7th - Friday 11th August 2023
Week 4: Monday 14th - Friday 18th August 2023
Week 5: Monday 21st – Friday 25th August 2023
About LMP Group
LMP Group focuses on education, training, and social impact; working together to bring about positive, sustainable change. LMP Group is made up of 3 companies; LMP Education, as a training provider, services; schools, businesses, and individuals across the UK through Employability & Apprenticeships programmes. LMP Ac-tion facilitates training, education, and sporting activities through; Alternative Educa-tion, Enrichment programmes and Holiday Camps and finally Inspire ATA recruit, employ and arrange apprenticeship training.
Together, we are a team of industry leaders who know the power of encouragement and positive influence and advocate for education opportunities and healthy lifestyles for the people we work with. Our ever-ambitious team has driven the expansion of our programmes. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and are passionate about making a difference, we want to hear from you.
The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about clients, staff and other LMP stakeholders. Some work is of a confidential nature and information gained must not be communicated to other persons except in the recognised course of duty. The post holder must always meet the requirements of the General Data Regulation Act.
Your work environment for the nature of this role is based at various schools close to where you reside. We offer work based on a manageable commute to each location.
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities
The LMP Group are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.
Let Me Play Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.