Fixed term to July 2020, possible extension until June 2021
The Southern Universities Network (SUN) comprises a number of higher education providers, further education colleges, schools, and other organisations in the area. It is part of the National Collaborative Outreach Programme (NCOP) initiative. Funded by the Office for Students, NCOP is currently focused on providing targeted higher education outreach to young people in years 9 to 13 living in particular geographic areas.
The post-holder will be responsible for leading and developing the college’s engagement in the NCOP. The post-holder will act as the point of contact for targeted students, working with them on a 1-2-1/small-group basis, to enable them to realise their aspirations, supporting their social and academic progress through to level 4 study, and encourage students to engage in local and national education and employment initiatives.
This post will see the successful candidate based at Sparsholt College (incorporating Andover Campus) and working under the overall direction of the Head of Careers, with regular liaison with SUN Further Education Project Leaders.
This is a fixed term post until July 2020, with a possible extension until June 2021.
Closing Date: 22 July 2019
• Eligibility to join a defined contribution pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.