City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive instructor/job coach to lead one of our successful Bristol Supported Internship programmes for young people with SEND and SEMH, on a full time permanent basis.
The role will involve providing…:
- Planning and delivering an employability curriculum including, Behaviour for Work, CV Writing, Health & Safety
- Planning and delivering Maths and English sessions for students working from Entry Level 2 up to Level 1, working towards Functional Skills Qualifications
- A joined up approach working closely with Job Coaches from our Supported Employment partner organisation and the local authority
- Working with local employers to build strong relationships resulting in work placements and potential jobs
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of x holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.48% / Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 15.5 %
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here
Closing date: Sunday 15th August (midnight)
Interview date: Tuesday 24th August 2021
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.