£33,233 – 36,170 per annum
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Systems Engineer within our IT department. You’ll be responsible for maintaining and continually improving our IT systems which includes all servers (virtual and physical) and associated services and desktops. You’ll also be responsible for the completion and management for all related IT projects.
Other main responsibilities include monitoring systems and ensuring the security of operations. Also performance monitoring of the systems and disaster recovery planning/provision.
You will work as a team to ensure the IT systems are operating to a high level and manage and control access working closely with the Network Engineer.
If you love using systems and IT in a wide range of contexts and want to work within education, then this role is perfect for you.
About Swindon College:
At Swindon College we are committed to providing each and every person with equal opportunities in education, career qualifications and training. Our dedicated and highly experienced staff strive to help our learners reach their full potential whilst preparing them for their ideal career path.
There will be career opportunities with us as we grow. The College has just secured a £21 million bid for Government-backed Institute of Technology funding. In partnership with the University of Gloucestershire (and other local anchor partners), we are committed to delivering a step-change in the availability of high quality professional and technical education in advanced manufacturing and engineering, life sciences, digital technologies and creative media.
In this role you’ll:
- Ensure the IT infrastructure meet the needs of the college, supporting the learning process, staff and visitors
- Safeguard the IT systems and ensure they are robust and fit for purpose
- Maintain and always look to improve the college’s information systems by recognising and looking for opportunities to develop the system
- React to problems rapidly to ensure a high availability service is met
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of all discretionary and bank holidays)
- Training and development support in your role
- Wellbeing and Lifestyle support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform, free access to on-site gym facilities, eye care voucher schemes and dental plan
- On-site parking and subsidised restaurants, Costa & Starbucks
How to apply:
If you are unable to apply on line or require further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01793 491591.
Closing date: 10th July 2019
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Qualifications and experience required:
HND (minimum) in Computer Science (or related subject) or can demonstrate comparable experience
Microsoft System qualification (MCSE)
MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) or equivalent or commitment to gain within 6 months. Microsoft server or related qualification
VMWare experience with certification or commitment to gain certification within 12-18 months
Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent) or commitment to gaining with 24 months of commencement of employment
Comprehensive experience in a computer server administration role within a Microsoft environment