An exciting opportunity to join the teaching team at Briarwood School. This post is full time, 5 days per week and is a fixed term contract until 31/08/2021. Briarwood School supports 155 pupils from 3-19 with a range of SEND. Many pupil have a diagnosis of Autism with severe learning difficulties. We are seeking an innovative, motivated, organised, flexible and hardworking teacher who strives for excellence. You will be working in an environment which values independence and which makes learning for life fun. We are looking for a teacher who has:
- Good knowledge of the SEND code of practice.
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner who has aspirational expectations for their pupils.
- Has experience of working with pupils with SEND.
- Committed to safeguarding.
- Is resourceful, positive and enthusiastic, with a good sense of humour who enjoys working as part of a team.
You will be part of:
- An exciting and innovative development of an all through community.
- A dedicated staff team who strive for excellence.
- A caring and inclusive ethos.
- A school which has supportive governors and parents with high expectations of the school.
Along with our Early Years, Primary, Secondary and Post 16 Departments, we run an Alternative Education Provision, Nexus, providing bespoke educational programmes and positive behaviour support for pupils with severe learning difficulties and associated challenging behaviours.
The Post is full time, 5 days per week, Term Time only + inset days and Fixed Term.
The position is initially based at our Primary Site, however you may be asked to work at any of our sites.
Like us, you will be passionate about safeguarding, deeply committed to releasing potential and determined to make a difference every day.
Applications from NQTs are welcome as the school offers a strong CPD package.
Closing Date: 12th August 2020 at 5.00pm
Interview Date: Week commencing 24/08/2020 - Actual date to be confirmed
Start Date: September 2020 or ASAP
Briarwood School is committed to providing Equal Opportunities for its pupils and staff and safeguarding children. All employees must have an enhanced DBS clearance (this will be carried out by the school if you are successful).
Briarwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.