JOB TITLE: Teacher of Business
SCALE/SCALE-POINT: Teaching Scale 1- 9
RESPONSIBLE TO: Curriculum Leader
‘Come questioning, go seeking, grow’
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic teacher of Business to join our friendly teaching team at The Henley College in September 2020. The post holder will be required to teach both Level 2 & 3 BTEC Business Studies and A level Business Studies.
RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
• Planning and preparing learning material for courses and lessons;
• Teaching, according to their educational needs and awarding body requirements, the students assigned to you including the setting and marking and assessment of work to be carried out by the student in college and elsewhere;
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students in each case having regard to the curriculum for the college;
• Internal moderation and moderation of assessed work;
• Ensure the continuous improvement of retention and achievement on learner programmes.
• Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students and of any class or group of students assigned to you;
• Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers, including information about sources or more expert advice on specific questions;
• Making relevant records and reports;
• Making records of and reports on the personal and social needs of students;
• Communicating and consulting with the parents of students;
• Communicating and co-operating with persons or bodies outside the college;
• Participating in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above;
• Contributing to the College marketing activities;
• To assist with the recruitment of new students;
• Adherence to College policies and procedures.
Assessments and Reports
• Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students.
• Advising and co-operating with the Principal and other teachers on the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, and teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements.
• To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic and Operational Plan.
• To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
• To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
• To be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy.
• To read and apply the College Safeguarding procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act
• To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
• To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
• To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post.
Essential skills and characteristics
• Teaching qualification (or working towards a full teaching qualification)
• Commitment to active and student-centred learning
• Commitment to keeping up-to-date with educational developments affecting the work of the College and sport
• Energy, enthusiasm and the ability to communicate effectively with students and staff • Well-developed organisational skills
• To display the highest standard of players and student support
• The work collaboratively with a committed team of teachers and support staff
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: 1 year Fixed Term Contract, Term Time Only
Hours of Work: 1 FTE
Salary: The salary will be on the Sixth Form Colleges Teachers’ Spine up to £38,748 per annum (pro rata for part time teachers)
Annual leave: 66 days per leave year (from 1 September to 31 August) (Pro rata for Part time)
Pension: Teacher Pension Scheme (optional). This is an employee and employer contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.