Are you in search of a new opportunity to join, and potentially lead, a forward - thinking team of exceptional teachers in an Ofsted Outstanding and high performing school?
We are looking to recruit a high-performing and motivated Teacher of Business Studies and Economics to start in September 2023. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified classroom practitioner to make a considerable impact on the future direction of this already highly successful department. There is a TLR available to lead Economics for the right candidate.
The department is ambitious, friendly and supportive, committed to professional development, learning from each other and sharing good practice in order to create a positive learning environment for our students who work hard and want to do well.
We aim to create an enjoyable and productive working environment for both staff and pupils, where, together we strive to actively engage, learn and improve. The department has a track record of exceptional success at GCSE and A Level.
What we are looking for
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with the ability to teach Business Studies, Economics (and potentially Maths) to students of all abilities in Years 7 to 13
- Someone who can help us drive the Department forward through a creative, imaginative and innovative mindset
- Someone with high standards of communication and interpersonal skills
- An enthusiastic and motivated team member, committed to team success
- The ability to motivate both students and peers, with a drive to achieve excellent student progress.
A full Job Description and Person Specification can be found in the Candidate Pack attached below.
About Rosebery School
Rosebery is a vibrant and stimulating place to work. We have a record of high performance but continually challenge all members of our community to improve further, in order to fulfil our moral purpose to provide the best possible educational experience for our students who are a delight to teach.
We set high expectations for all, but this is accompanied by a support system for students and staff which includes universal access to coaching and mentoring, significant opportunities for individualised personal, academic and professional development and a culture which emphasises kindness and integrity above all.
We are committed to creating a happy, purposeful and secure environment which provides the opportunity for all to develop and grow; to build confidence and self-belief; and to be enriched and stimulated so that everyone plays an active and positive part of the Rosebery, Epsom and wider communities.
Why join Rosebery?
- Our Staff
- Our Students
- Our Culture of excellence, ambition and joy
- Your Well-being
- Your Professional Growth
We hope that you will want to come and join this unique school community and encourage you to visit us to see The Rosebery Way in action before making an application to us.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Teachers Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Salary Scale: Main Range/Upper Pay Range London (Fringe). TLR available for the right candidate. Part-time may be considered.
Closing Date: 28 March 2023
Start Date: 1 September 2023 (July 2023 for ECTs)
Interview Date: To be confirmed. We may conduct interviews prior to the closing date if there is a high level of response, therefore we recommend early application.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place