Teacher of Computing
Start Date: January 2022
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and highly effective Teacher of Computing to join us at Wreake Valley Academy.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and ambitious person to develop their career teaching pupils the principles of information and computation, how digital systems work, and how to put this knowledge to use through programming.
Teaching experience will not be a determining factor - we welcome applications from newly qualified teachers as well as more experienced candidates. We will develop every staff member that joins our team, providing one-to-one support, coaching and mentoring and access to extensive network training.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Qualified teaching status, and experience of teaching or an enthusiasm for teaching computing
- Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every pupil
- The enthusiasm to combine subject matter expertise with a passion for teaching computing
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and an ability to relate to people at all levels.
- An understanding of the need for equality of opportunity within a changing community
- Excellent IT skills to promote effective learning both inside and outside the classroom
To apply for this position please us the online application form and submit your application along with a supporting statement to explain your suitability and reasons why you are applying for the role.
Application Closing Date: 9am, Tuesday 12th October 2021
Provisional Interview Date: W/C Monday 25th October 2021
We look forward to receiving your application!
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.