Salary: £25,258.73- £33,628.91 DOE (pro rata)
Part time, Fixed Term position (15 hours per week over 2 days)
End date: August 2020
We're looking for an EAP Teacher to work at our prestigious Bellerbys College, based in Greenwich, London. In this job you'll deliver highly effective modules across one or all of the courses delivered at Bellerbys London, including Foundation (Level 3); International Year 1 (Level 4); IELTS preparation and ELPP (English Language Preparation)
* Contribute to the delivery and development of modules and teaching sessions offered by Bellerbys English Department
* Prepare and deliver teaching lessons and tutorial sessions
* Prepare module tests and other forms of formative and summative assessments
* Mark students' formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
* Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
* Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support
* Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance
* Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings
* Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contributing to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle
* Maintain and submit accurate and timely records of teaching and other activities
* Participate in regular training and development activities and maintain a log of these activities
* Carry out any other duties as required from time to time by the Head of Faculty and/or Academic Director
* Essential: Experience teaching EAP in a higher education environment either abroad or in the UK.
* A DELTA or Masters in Applied Linguistics, TESOL, or equivalent is desirable.
* A CELTA and experience are also considered.
* If you have taught on pre-sessional EAP programmes this would be advantageous.
* IELTS teaching experience
* IELTS examiner experience advantageous.
* Competitive salary
* 30 days holiday
* Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.