We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dynamic Teacher of Economics and Business Studies (with a focus on Economics at A-Level) to join our team in January 2021. The position will suit an inspirational individual who can lead and inspire our students to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will be able to teach Economics and Business Studies to students of all abilities across Key Stages 4 and 5, with a focus on Economics at A-Level. You will be committed to raising standards at all levels; delivering excellent lessons and enthusing pupils through your passion for the subject. This is a part-time position (Approximately 60 - 70% of a full time role) teaching our Sixth Form and Senior Girls.
To be successful in this role, you must be:-
• Suitably qualified with QTS obtained in the appropriate age range.
• Experienced in teaching Economics and Business Studies through KS4 to KS5, with the ability to teach A Level and GCSE. Experience in teaching economics is an essential aspect of this role.
• Passionate in using your knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching and learning to provide highly effective curriculum delivery.
• An enthusiastic team player, willing to participate fully in the School’s extra-curricular programme and wider school life.
• Engaged with the School's ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open, honest and hardworking team.
Above all you need to like children, to want the very best for them and be prepared to put their needs first. You recognise the importance of educating the whole child – including all learners – and achieving high standards, within a creative, broad and innovative curriculum.
In return we offer a positive working environment, with supportive colleagues and regular opportunities for professional development and training.
Applications must be received by 12:00pm on Wednesday 7 October 2020. Please apply early as applications will be considered upon receipt; we reserve the right to interview/appoint prior to the closing date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
In addition to an assessment of their ability to perform the duties of the post applied for, candidates invited to attend for interview should expect further discussion relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.