The Henley College is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Teacher of Engineering to join our rapidly expanding department. The post holder should be familiar with planning and teaching activities in the fully equipped workshop using lathes, drilling, milling machines and hand skills. They should be able to deliver a range of classroom units including engineering maths, manufacturing methods, design, engineering materials, 3D printing, teamwork activities and a range of other general mechanical and electrical units. The college runs BTEC Level 2 & Level 3 engineering courses to students, both these course have seen a significant increase in students over the past few years.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Planning and preparing courses and lessons;
• Teaching, according to their educational needs, the students assigned to you including the setting and marking and assessment of work to be carried out by the student in college and elsewhere;
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students in each case having regard to the curriculum for the college.
• Internal moderation and moderation of assessed work
• Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students
• Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers, including information about sources of more expert advice on specific questions; making relevant records and reports;
• Communicating and consulting with the parents of students;
• Participating in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above.
• Contributing to the College marketing activities
• Adherence to the College policies and procedures
Assessments and Reports
• Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students.
• Advising and co-operating with the Principal and other teachers (or any one or more of them) on the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements.
• To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic and Operational Plan.
• To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
• To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
• To be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy.
• To read and apply the College Safeguarding procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
• To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
• To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
• To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post.
• Teaching qualification (or working towards a teaching qualification)
• Commitment to active and student-centred learning
• Commitment to keeping up-to-date with educational developments affecting the work of the College and sport
• Energy, enthusiasm and the ability to communicate effectively with students and staff
• To display the highest standard of players and student support
• The work collaboratively with a committed team of teachers and support staff
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Permanent, Term Time Only
Hours of work: Variable contract 0.8 to 1.0 FTE
Annual leave: 66 days per leave year (from 1 September to 31 August) (Pro rata for Part time)
Salary: The salary will be on the Sixth Form Colleges Teachers’ Spine up to £38,748 per annum (pro rata for part time teachers)
Pension: Teacher Pension Scheme (optional). This is an employee
and employer contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.