TEMPORARY FULL TIME TEACHER OF ENGLISH
1st September 2019
Job Description: TEACHER OF ENGLISH
(Temp for 1 year in the first instance)
Responsible to: Area Learning Coordinator - English
Governors of this successful school wish to appoint a teacher of English to join a dynamic department. The person appointed will be required to:
• Possess excellent subject knowledge and the ability to work effectively as part of a team;
• Demonstrate a good working knowledge and experience of raising attainment at KS3 and KS4;
• Deliver engaging lessons that ensure suitable stretch and challenge using effective differentiation;
• Demonstrate a good working knowledge of GCSE Specifications and the effective delivery of GCSE Language and Literature
• Possess a good level of ICT skills.
In its ESTYN Inspection of March 2017, Gowerton was graded ‘Excellent’ or ‘Good’ - the two top grades - in all five of the inspection areas, reflecting the school’s high academic and pastoral standards. The Welsh Government, for the 4th consecutive year, has awarded the school Green A categorisation.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 3rd February 2019.
Interviews will take place during the week beginning Monday 11th February 2019.
The successful candidate will be required to start on 1st September 2019.
All applicants should be aware that the successful applicant will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Candidates should complete their application online with eteach.
Gowerton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.