Teacher of English
Commensurate with experience, inclusive of OLW
(Required for January 2020)
Do you want to work in one of the Top 100 schools, equipping students for success in both further study and future employment? If you are an experienced practitioner this is an opportunity to excel in this challenging and rewarding role.
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of English to work with our students aged between 11-18 years old. The ideal candidate with have the vision, and gravitas to work with young people and contribute to general school life.
You should be:
- Be well qualified and enthusiastic.
- Be able to teach across the 11-18 age range.
- Be passionate about English.
- Be committed to improving teaching and learning.
- Have good interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Be forward thinking, inspirational, receptive to change and able to work under pressure.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team.
- A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
- A superb opportunity for an experienced practitioner to work in a flourishing department.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a thriving school and make a major contribution to the schools continued success.
Further details and an application form are available by contacting the school, or can be downloaded from our school website.
Visits are warmly welcomed.
Address: Pound Street, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 3PS
Closing date: 5pm, 31st October 2019
Interviews: We reserve the right to interview before the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
“St Philomena’s is an exceptional school.” OFSTED
“St Philomena’s High School for Girls is an
outstanding Catholic school. It achieves both academic excellence and outstanding
personal and spiritual development for all
Pupil’s take full advantage of the
opportunities offered to them at St Philomena’s and are happy to contribute to all
aspects of school life.”
Section 48 Inspection
The school has 1,412 students with 300
in the Sixth Form.
Ms M Noone