Summary of the role:
The Post of Food Preparation and Nutrition Teacher, becomes available in January 2020, due to the current post holder re-locating after four years of excellent service. This post is part-time and could include responsibility for a senior school tutor group.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
• The post holder will be required to teach GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition (WJEC Course) from Year 10 and 11.
• Full reports are written for each student at the end of the autumn and Summer Terms, effort grades are given at half terms and a summary report at the end of the Spring Term.
• Work is to be regularly marked and pupil progress is tracked by each member of staff in conjunction with the Teaching and Learning Team.
• Provision must be made for those pupils with SEN and G&T and liaison with the Inclusion Co-ordinator is essential.
• The new post holder needs to be an excellent classroom practitioner who can teach across the ability range.
• To produce, regularly review, monitor and evaluate schemes of work for GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition.
• To develop and review the syllabus, resources, marking and assessment policies, as well as teaching and learning strategies in the department.
• To have direct responsibility for results for Food Preparation and Nutrition at GCSE.
Applications will consist of a covering letter and a completed copy of the Park School’s application form and must be received by 9.00am on Wednesday 16 October 2019. Applications are to be sent to the following:
by email or by post to: Mrs J Huntington, The Head, The Park School, Chilton Cantelo, Somerset, BA22 8BG
The closing date for applications is Thursday 31 October at 9.00am.
Interviews will be held the following week.
The Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.