Our vision is to become a beacon of educational excellence, transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Teacher of Forensic Science
Reference Number: SCCG2037
Salary: £23,630 to £39,135 per annum.
Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Sunday 3rd November 2019
Interview Date: W/C 4th November 2019
Location: Pendleton Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Fixed Term until 10th July 2020
Hours per Week: 1.0FTE
We are seeking someone with excellent subject knowledge who can demonstrate an ability to combine academic rigour with excellent student achievement. Experience of teaching Level 3 Forensic Science and Chemistry is essential and candidates must possess a genuine interest in the subject area. Qualifications in Forensic Science-specific fields or with the skills or experience in Criminal Investigation, Crime Scene Analysis and other forensic investigative methods will be highly advantageous.
The post is suitable for qualified teachers or NQTs and the successful candidate must be committed to providing pastoral support for all our students.
As a Teacher of Forensic Science you will be an inspirational and outstanding practitioner who promotes the highest levels of achievement for all students. As part of a strong curriculum team in a rapidly developing curriculum area, you will focus on increasing recruitment and working towards College and departmental targets to exceed National Benchmarks and achieve ALPS 3 or above.
Key responsibilities within the role
• To teach related courses in accordance with the college timetable.
• To support students in their learning.
• To assess students' progress and maintain accurate records of students' achievements.
• To provide accurate reports and information to others as required by college quality assurance procedures.
• Ensure that an appropriate syllabus is selected for any subject for which they have responsibility and delivered to the required standard.
• Provide schemes of work by which the curriculum will be delivered.
• Provide books, materials and facilities within budget allocated.
• Ensure you are kept fully informed about developments in the subject and about general educational issues which may affect the subject.
• Prepare internal assessments, ensure that marking is consistent with that throughout the department and provide related statistics and comments on performance for the Head of Department.
• Be aware of developments in your subject in High Schools and keep High Schools informed of courses here, taking part in liaison and recruitment activities both in College and High Schools.
• Co-operate and liaise with other departments as and when required
• Carry out other routine and ad hoc administrative tasks as directed by the Head of Department/Head of College.
Reason to Join Us:
• A range of developmental & career opportunities
• A number of optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes including IT Equipment, Childcare Vouchers & Bikes
• Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and fabulous savings from high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling via CareFirst and health cash plans
• Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information, please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR
Pendleton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.