Humanities teacher with a focus on Geography.
Exciting opportunity to work at Bensham Manor School.
1 SEN Teacher (MPS+ OLA) *+ SEN allowance/s available dependent upon experience
Start: Jan 2022 if possible - if not then April 22
Not suitable for an ECT.
There is a post available for an experienced and qualified teacher. We are looking for a candidate who can teach Humanities with a focus on Geography.
Bensham Manor School is an oversubscribed secondary school for pupils with complex learning needs. Our class sizes are between 8 and 12 children. All classes are supported by a general teaching assistant. Many subjects also have specialist teaching assistants. Please look at the website for further information.
The successful candidate will:
● Have good subject knowledge and be child centred with an interest in working with children and young people with children with moderate learning difficulties and autism.
● Have good Communication skills and be able to work collaboratively building positive relationships with pupils, parents/carers, colleagues including therapists and other professionals.
● Have high expectations of pupil’s achievements regarding learning, independence and behaviour.
We can offer you:
● A welcoming and supportive environment including a good wellbeing programme
● Effective professional support and development
● Opportunities for leadership development
● A forward looking school where excellent teachers can transform lives
Closing date for applications is Friday November 12th 2021 and interviews will take place week beginning November 15th 2021.
Please note that CV's will not be accepted.
Bensham Manor School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.